WHY DOES THE COLOR OF YOUR PRODUCTS LOOK SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THAN WHEN I LAST PURCHASED?
Please keep in mind that our products have all natural, botanical ingredients and are made in small batches to promote freshness. Because we use many botanical oils, extracts and essential oils, from batch to batch there may be slight color variations due to the specific crop/harvest cycle these ingredients were procured.
The easiest way to compare is how wine grapes vary from year to year, harvest to harvest, depending on the rain and weather received. Natural color variations in the growth of the plant cannot be regulated, and that is the beauty in natural, organic and wild-crafted products. These are ingredients that come naturally from the earth's bounty, and we love how pure they are.
CAN I USE YOUR PRODUCTS IF I AM PREGNANT?
If you are pregnant or nursing, we suggest consulting with your physician before using any products containing essential oils. Although our products are safe and non-toxic, there are several therapeutic qualities in various essential oils that are not suggested during pregnancy. As a general guideline, you should always check with your doctor before starting a new skincare regimen while pregnant or nursing.
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF YOUR PRODUCTS?
Since our products are all-natural and we use the safest preservatives system for natural ingredients, our product’s shelf life is typically 12-24 months unopened, or 6-9 months after opening for optimum product quality. If you ever have any questions about this, please don't hestitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to talk with you.
With optimum product stability and shelf life in mind, all products are housed in dark black recyclable PET bottles, or violet Miron glass for ultimate UV protection of our precious botanical oils and extracts. If our products are kept out of direct sunlight, tightly closed, and are kept at room temperature or below, they will stay fresher longer.
For manufacture date verification, please email us at email@example.com and we will verify your manufacturing date from the date of your order.
DO YOU TEST ON ANIMALS?
Absolutely not. All of our products are only tested on willing humans, i.e. our loved ones, and friends. We depend on our friends, family, and you, our amazing customers to give us all the feedback we need. We truly believe products should never be tested on animals, therefore we stay cruelty free in all aspects of our business. We do not work with any suppliers of ingredients that test on animals, and do not sell our products in countries that require any animal testing whatsoever.
ARE ALL OF YOUR PRODUCTS REALLY NATURAL AND ORGANIC?
Our mission is to deliver the highest quality personal care products on the market today. Using the most innovative and effective methods, and the most natural, potent, and luxurious ingredients available.
We are committed to serving the global community through environmental advocacy and responsible manufacturing, and using only certified organic, Ecocert approved and wild-harvested ingredients in our formulations.
We have spent years thoroughly vetting, testing, and constantly researching new and improved ingredients and formulations to create the cleanest, safest skincare in the industry.
Green skincare technology is a never ending science of new discoveries and new technologies being formulated every day. Along with our expert chemists and formulator, we constantly keep up to date with newer, greener, safer, and improved ingredients to add to our current, as well as new products coming in the future.
WHAT DOES WILD-CRAFTED MEAN?
Wild-crafted botanicals are not farmed or sprayed with any kind of pesticide. Absolutely no commercial farming methods have been used in their life cycle. They are wild, native and organic by their own nature because they are plants grown in their normal, indigenous habitat. We believe these ingredients are even superior to their Certified Organic counterpart, as we have hand selected them because of their potency and purity, and due to the practices and location of that specific farm.
WHERE DO YOU SOURCE YOUR INGREDIENTS FROM?
We have cultivated and heavily vetted ingredient suppliers from all over the world to insure that we are buying from the best botanicals and extracts available. These relationships have been established and maintained for 20+ years, some of which are small farms, co-ops, and family run and owned business that depend on our business to sustain themselves and their communities. From the mountains of Nepal, to the glowing orchards of sunny Florida, we are proud to provide products that are sustainable and ethically produced, pure, ordered directly from the farmer/supplier, and have the highest most concentrated nutrition from the whole plant.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO APPLY YOUR ELIXIR? CAN I WEAR MAKEUP OVER IT?
We recommend applying our Youth Activating Elixir after cleansing and toning, morning and night. It is meant to take the place of a cream moisturizer and you should not need another moisturizer if you use the correct amount.
Your face does not need to be completely dry to apply the Elixir, in fact, it is helpful and increases fast absorption and spreadability if your face is just slightly damp. If you are adding the Elixir into your regular routine for extra moisture, you may also add a couple drops to your regular moisturizer or liquid foundation for an extra dose of hydration and glow.
You can definitely wear makeup over our Elixir. Let your skin absorb the oils for 3-4 minutes before applying makeup since the oil does need time to sink in. If your skin feels oily after this, you are probably using too much. If your skin feels dry and you want more moisture, you are probably not using enough. The oil should absorb in fully and not leave any greasy/oily feeling at all. Your skin will feel hydrated and soft/smooth after applying the correct amount. Most people need 5-7 drops — please adjust accordingly to your skin’s individual needs.
(Fun Tip: Depending on our mood or hydration need, we enjoy using the Elixir as a booster and mixing it in with our favorite creme/lotion for your own custom "micro-emulsion". There are no set rules to how you should integrate the Elixir; do what works for you!)
DO YOUR PRODUCTS CONTAIN ANY NUT OILS?
With the exception of our Active Recovery Wash which is Nut Free, yes, our other products in the line do contain these types of nut oil. These typically do not irritate people with nut allergies, but we recommend consulting your doctor first if you have a nut allergy.
WHERE CAN I BUY YOUR PRODUCTS IN MY AREA?
We currently sell our products exclusively through our online store. Please check back in for our launch into retail/brick and mortar stores.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS MADE IN THE U.S?
Yes, all of our products are made in our small production facility in Northern California.
IS IT SAFE TO USE YOUR PRODUCTS ALONG WITH RETINOL PRODUCTS?
Yes, all of our products are ok to use with Retinol products.
We search the planet to procure remarkable raw materials, in order to create skincare that makes a difference in our brand, you as customers, and the world. Our aromas are formulated only with essential oils and natural extracts. We employ advanced natural preservative combinations. Among the first to use rare plant-derived ingredients from traditional sources in our skin care formulations, we continue to collaborate with global suppliers to create sustainable business relationships that protect natural resources and support healthy communities around the world.
All of our ingredients that are certified organic are rigorously tested thought Oregon Tilth (www.tilth.org), an organic certification agency fully accredited with the USDA National Organic Program, with the exception of our natural Vitamin E oil (tocopherol), which is not availbale in organic form. Althoug not organic, it is naturally derived from Kosher certified and non-GMO certified vegetable fats. We also never use more that 1% Vitamin E oil concentrate in our formulas. We use Vitamin E oil in some of our products to extend the natural shelf life and keep the oils in their freshest and most potent form.
GUIDE TO OUR NATURAL ANTIOXIDANT AND PRESERVATIVE SYSTEMS:
- Dehydroacetic acid, benzyl alcohol: This liquid preservative is a unique blend featuring dehydroacetic acid as the primary active ingredient. This product has been designed to replace parabens and paraben-containing blends in personal care and cosmetic formulations, offereing higher efficacy. It has regulatory approval for virtually every personal care and cosmetic application. This preservative is certified by Ecocert, one of the leading international organic and natural certification agencies which guarantees the respect of the environment during the production process, and also enhanced renewable natural substances.
- Sodium benzoate, gluconolactone: This preservative complex provides super protection against bacteria, yeast and mold and is excellent in surfactant formulations. Gluconolcatone, derived from corn, and sodium benzoate, a food-grade preservative used for many decades combine to form this complex. Both gluconolactone and sodium benzoate are non GMO and not tested on animals. In addition to great preservative function, gluconolactone also contains tremendous moisturizing capabilites. It is a great accompaniment to many personal care formulation.
- Sodium benzoate is recognized as a safe (GRAS) preservative. It is a paraben-free and formaldehyde-free preservative, and is non-sensitizing and non-irritating. Sodium benzoate is the sodium salt of benzoic acid and exists in this form when dissolved in water. It is converted to its acid by lowering the pH, where it becomes antifungal and somewhat anti-bacterial.
- Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf extract, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil: These extracts, used in products as an antioxidant, is naturally produced by super-critical carbon dioxide extraction. The rosemary diterpenes are carried in organic sunflower oil. This ingredient has a neutral scent and no color. It contributes antioxidant protection for the skin as well for the product.
These natural preservatives we have chosen for the following aspects:
- Broad spectrum protection
- Globally accepted
- Exceptional toxicity profile, long history of use, non-sensitizing and non-irritating.
- No animal testing
If you ever have any additional question regarding our preservative systems, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL SAFETY DISCLAIMER:
At WHYLD Skincare, we believe we provide the most gentle, non-toxic, safe and non-irritating products for all skin types. However, pleaser read the following disclaimer:
- Content on our website is provided for general informational purposes and should not be considered medical advice. Product information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or ailments.
- Comments and feedback about product effectiveness are based on customer, staff and family opinions and should not be substituted for medical care.
- WHYLD Skincare is not liable for any individual reaction to any particular ingredient. Remember to read our labels and ingredient list carefully and follow the appropriate directions for use. If you have an specific allergy or sensitivity, do not use ingredients that may trigger a reaction.
- An allergy patch test is recommendded if there is any doubt or history of skin reactions. Discontinure use if a reaction occurs.
- Please consult a healthcare provider if you have any questions about a particular health condition.
- Information on the website has not been evualuated or approved by the Food & Drug Administration.